We believe it is our responsibility to continue our mission of presenting compelling stories and inspiring ideas and push forward towards creating the 10th Aegean Film Festival this July.
We welcome feature, narrative, documentary, environmental documentary, short films and animations.
The Aegean Film Festival is a celebration of cinema, making sure our official curated programmes have perfect screening conditions, while the filmmakers and guests enjoy their time on the islands, networking and getting inspired, free from industry stress and complicated agendas.
Entries are submitted to the following categories:
Feature Length Films & Documentaries
(duration of 50 minutes or longer)
Short Films & Docs
(duration of less than 25 minutes)
Earlybird: March 14, 2021
Regular: April 14, 2021
Late: May 25, 2021
Notification Date: June 9, 2021
For feature length film and documentary entries the submission fees are:
€22 / €26,50 / €30,00 – early / regular / late
For short film and documentary entries the submission fees are:
€10 / €13,5 / €20 – early / regular / late
Awards & Prizes
Best Aegean Short Film
Jury Award 3,000 €
Best Greek Short Film
Jury Award 1,000 €
Aegean Jury Special Mention
2021 Film Jury:
1. Phaedra Vokali (General Director of Hellenic Film Academy / Producer / Director)
2. Jukka-Pekka Laakso (Festival Director Tampere Film Festival / Executive director Pirkanmaa Film Centre / Member European Film Academy)
3. Sonia Kronlund (Renowned Radio Producer and Documentary Filmmaker / CNC France)
4. Eva Sangiorgi (Artistic director of the Viennale, the Vienna International Film Festival)
All selected filmmakers enjoy:
1. Accommodation for three nights in festival affiliated hotels & ferry tickets to and from the islands.
2. Festival Guest Pass providing access to all screenings, seminars, networking events, dinners and parties on both islands
3. Discount on partner festival businesses (incl. restaurants, bars, rentals)
4. Films to be screened as part of curated programmes, presented by AegeanFF in Affiliated Festivals (Optional)
How to Submit
To be eligible, films submitted must have been completed after July 1, 2019.
Films with significant non-English dialogue must be accompanied by on-screen English subtitles.
Preview files must be sent only as protected links. The Festival DOES NOT accept DVD or BD screeners.
Please read all the eligibility criteria and terms & conditions on FilmFreeway.
**All submissions from 2020 are eligible for competition for the 2021 festival.
You can submit your film through FilmFreeway:
For any questions please email email@example.com