We welcome feature, narrative, documentary, short films and animation.
The Aegean Film Festival is a celebration of cinema, making sure our official selected programmes have perfect screening conditions, while the filmmakers and guests enjoy their time on the islands, free from industry stress and complicated agendas.
Entries are submitted to the following categories:
Feature Length Films & Documentaries
(duration of 50 minutes or longer)
Short Films & Docs
(duration of less than 20 minutes)
Earlybird: March 1, 2020
Regular: April 15, 2020
Late: May 15, 2020
Notification Date: June 1, 2020
For feature length film and documentary entries the submission fees are:
€22 / €26,50 / €30,00 – early / regular / late
For short film and documentary entries the submission fees are:
€10 / €13,5 / €20 – early / regular / late
Awards & Prizes
Best Aegean Short Film
Jury Award € 3000,00
Best Greek Short Film
Jury Award € 1000,00
Aegean Jury Special Mention
1. Philip Ilson – Director of London Short Film Festival
2. Sam Cullis – Director of Barnes Film Festival
3. Gregory Kokkinakis – Cosmote TV Cinema & VOD Section Manager
4. Alin Tasciyan – Deputy Secretary, FIPRESCI
5. Grace Attanasio, Nora Graham, Sasha Pinto, Karina Rotenstreich – Ivy Film Festival Board (collective vote)
All selected filmmakers enjoy:
1. 3 nights accommodation
2. Festival Guest Pass providing access to all screenings, seminars, networking events, dinners and parties on both islands
3. Discounts with festival partners (incl. restaurants, bars, rentals, hotels)
4. Films to be screened as part of curated programmes, presented in Affiliated Festivals (Optional)
How to Submit
To be eligible, films submitted must have been completed after July 1, 2018.
Films with significant non-English dialogue must be accompanied by on-screen English subtitles.
Preview files must be sent only as protected links. The Festival DOES NOT accept DVD or BD screeners.
You can submit your film through FilmFreeway:
For any questions please email firstname.lastname@example.org