We believe it is our responsibility to continue our mission of presenting compelling stories and inspiring ideas and push forward towards creating the 11th Aegean Film Festival in the summer of 2022.
We welcome feature, narrative, documentary, environmental documentary, short films and animations.
The Aegean Film Festival is a celebration of cinema, making sure our official curated programmes have perfect screening conditions, while the filmmakers and guests enjoy their time on the islands, networking and getting inspired, free from industry stress and complicated agendas.
Entries are submitted to the following categories:
Feature Length Films & Documentaries
(duration of 50 minutes or longer)
Short Films & Docs
(duration of less than 25 minutes)
Earlybird: February 2nd, 2022
Regular: March 14th, 2022
Late: May 5th, 2021
Notification Date: June 9, 2022
For feature length film and documentary entries the submission fees are:
€22 / €26,50 / €30,00 – early / regular / late
For short film and documentary entries the submission fees are:
€10 / €13,5 / €20 – early / regular / late
Awards & Prizes
Best Aegean Short Film
Jury Award 2,000 €
Best Greek Short Film
Jury Award 1,500 €
Aegean Jury Special Mention
All Selected filmmakers in the competition programme also receive:
1. Accommodation for three nights ( single occupancy).
2. Festival Guest Pass providing access to all screenings, seminars and events.
3. Access to dedicated industry seminars and the “Filmmaker’s Brunch” – a series of networking events presented by industry experts.
4. Promotion for the short films and press focus covered by the Festival’s Media Sponsors.
5. The option for their films to travel and be screened as part of curated programmes in affiliated festivals.
6. AegeanFF Partners Offers including discounts up to 30% on ferry tickets, restaurants, bars, rentals, hotels).
7. Special Guest Passes for plus ones to accompany the filmmakers to the islands and enjoy the same benefits with the invited guests.
2022 Film Jury:
To be announced
How to Submit
To be eligible, films submitted must have been completed after July 1, 2020.
Films with significant non-English dialogue must be accompanied by on-screen English subtitles.
Preview files must be sent only as protected links. The Festival DOES NOT accept DVD or BD screeners.
Please read all the eligibility criteria and terms & conditions on FilmFreeway.
You can submit your film through FilmFreeway:
For any questions please email firstname.lastname@example.org